Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cooking with Akhman

Today I had the opportunity to cook in the kitchen with the head chef Akhman. A few of us students were allowed to help the chefs prepare for the Arab Culture night, which is tonight and we are having a special dinner where we get to dress up like Arabians. I wanted to come as a bellydancer but apparently that is against BYU Honor code. But two sheiks are coming and speaking to us and also a professional "Call to Prayer" person. I am not sure what to call them but ya they are coming tonight and I am excited. I got to taste some of the food that I made (Muhkaran and Bushrak) and it is delicious. Watch out Amy and Jared I am becoming a better chef than you guys :) ok, maybe not but it was fun. Yesterday we had a relaxing day of classes and then a group of us just went into the Old city to explore.
So I hope I am not overdoing the Turkey trip but here are some more pics and notes about what I did:
While we were in Canakkale our tour guide took us to a delicious Baclava dessert place and when we arrived they were so excited to see Americans that they took out this mosaic made of baclava that looks like Obama. Baclava is a traditional dessert, I have no idea what it is but the chocolate one tastes like a half-baked brownie. 
On the way to troy we stopped on the side of the road to visit with a shepherd. He took one of the sheep and we got to pet it. naturally, this was one of my favorite stops. 
No this is not my body....I have been working out lately but my abs are not quite that sculpted. 
This is the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, this is the largest Mosque in Turkey
Scott and Scott flashing their library cards at Ephesus

I know the last Medusa pictures were a big hit so this is lindsey when we were at the underground cisterns. You can't see Medusa but they had pillars in the background with her face. So this is linds being Medusa and then turning into stone. Yes, she is in the acting major.

2 comments:

  1. naturally... that would be your favorite stop with the lamb. looks SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is possibly the CUTEST...

    ReplyDelete