Sunday, July 24, 2011

Some more of the Galilee....


One the third field trip day we went to the Mount of Transfiguration, the car ride up there was the windiest road that I had ever been on and the driver decided to go super fast which made me even start to feel ill. But this was a beautiful church with a great over look. We had a devotional and discussed the events that occurred on the mount. (and then we confessed our sins :))
Sorry for the blurry photo but I had to do a run-in run-out photo at the Church of Nain. This is the church that commemorates when Christ raised the widow from Nain's son. This church has been closed for over five years but we found the priest that runs the church and he opened it specially for us. We were very thankful but the area had been occupied by pigeons for the past five years so it was a little smelly. But the devotional we had here was amazing and we could all feel the spirit so strong.

The next stop was at Tel Megiddo, which is the site where people think that the Armageddon will occur. Megiddo turns to Megeddon to Armageddon or something like that. It was hotter than tel here. But they did have metal chariots here so we took pictures. Like all tels there are underground tunnels that lead to the cistern storage. The bottom picture is the "crew" on our bus at the cistern. 

Ok, I am exhausted because I was out in the city for 12 hours today so I feel like I am going to pass out as I write so I am gonna go to bed and I will post again tomorrow. Sorry for the short post.

No comments:

Post a Comment